February ~ The Month of Love ~
Little Starfish Child Care And Preschool - "For this one it makes all the difference in the world."
RSS

Social Skills
powered by

My Blog

February ~ The Month of Love ~

FEBRUARY
Preschool Activities

What a fun month for preschool! We are referring to February as the month of Love!
This is a wonderful opportunity to practice our social emotional skills and remember our number one rule "Be Kind" as well as open a dialogue to talk about what we love.

~ And of course, a Valentines Day Party is taking place too!~We are making and decorating cookies, sharing our Valentines and having a great feast!

The first week of the month our preschool academic program is being 'reset.'  We are beginning our alphabet again with the letter A during week one and with four weeks in this month, we will be learning B, C and D as well.

Each week we learn to recognize the letter of the week and identify its upper case and lower case forms along with the phonetic sound it makes.  We do this through sight, sound(singing and finger-plays) and kinetic practice  such as signing the letter using American Sign Language as well as hands-on craft projects involving painting, using scissors, and pasting...  And  we must remember the much-loved "Letter Hunt" game where we troop around with our little flashlight looking for the our letters of the week hiding all around the preschool.  It's like hide and seek with letters!

This is just a brief peak of some of the learning activities that we do at Little Starfish!

Check out our blog for March when we will talk about the arrival of Spring.  Lots of outdoor activities to keep us all busy and learning!

11 Comments to February ~ The Month of Love ~:

Comments RSS
b on Monday, January 21, 2019 4:39 AM
b
Reply to comment

resumesplanet com on Monday, February 04, 2019 2:19 AM
February is the month for couples or lovers around the world. But I am amazed on how you make this month as the time for kids also. I just want to share my experience with my husband and now we have these two lovely children. Every time this month arrives, I got excited cause my husband never fail to make surprises. I have this one time when open the door, our house is full of heart decoration on the wall and rose petals on the floor. All of it is the combined efforts of my husband and children and I was so happy that day.
Reply to comment

proessayreviews.com on Tuesday, March 05, 2019 10:56 PM
Training about innovation is must for us these days as we are reliant on these gadgets step by step. This picture is indication of guidance about the cell phones in to pick up information about such gadgets. I discovered this blog great gathering of pictures which are I can see for the impressive data.
Reply to comment

ace4sure on Friday, March 15, 2019 5:50 AM
Get expert Question & Answer Dumps PDF Online. We Provide latest IT Certification Exams PDF for preparation Study Guide Test Practice for Success in exams. This is an online education portal
Reply to comment

grub rescue windows 10 on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 2:33 AM
For a long time, you don't like such a system because you may think this command line based system is difficult to use, so you want to uninstall it for a new partition creation. Or there is only a bit of free disk space left, so you decide to delete such a partition to free up some disk space and extend your other partitions.
Reply to comment

vexgen keto on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:02 PM
Vexgen Keto Along these lines, it's a major responsibility. Can VexGen Keto Diet Pills make adhering to it less demanding? Also, can they genuinely enable you to consume increasingly fat in ketosis?
Reply to comment

Titanium Rings on Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:20 AM
Reply to comment

repliche cartier orologi on Monday, April 01, 2019 6:15 AM
How would I use your product in the basement?
Reply to comment

Albert Einstine on Thursday, April 04, 2019 3:37 AM
You share really interesting news which I never read on any website. Thanks for sharing here.
Reply to comment

how to be successful on Sunday, June 02, 2019 4:29 AM
All of us want to be successful in life but don'y follow the rules of success. Every successful people has some quality that common people lack. To be successful, we have to be someone special and do something unique. My article is all related to success. Visit the site to learn more.
Reply to comment

Rude Answers Ransomware on Friday, June 07, 2019 5:01 AM
I was talking about about the recent discovery about the malware.
Reply to comment